29 things: some small, some more substantial… The aim is growth and enjoying life. Even if it takes me longer than a year, here is my new list of yearly goals.
1. Donate to a non-profit organization
2. Learn how to make a good tajine
3. See a new city Lyon 4. Cook with a spice I’ve never used before Ras-el-hanout (yeah, I know it’s a spice MIX, but I’m counting it anyway!) 5. Try an alcohol I’ve never had before Ciucas, Romanian eau de vie 6. Have a pajeon night on a rainy evening, for old time’s sake Complete with Korean alcohol 7. Write a recipe for a guilty pleasure food NOMNOM SO MUCH FOOD
8. Draw and send a postcard
9. Take a cooking class
10. Write to someone whose work I enjoy and respect
11. Learn to make gamjatang
12. Make a ‘home’ board 13. Make something by hand Crocheted neck warmer, diy reversible purse!
14. Go to a yoga class
15. Complete the Michel Tomas Spanish lessons
16. Put myself in a situation where I can use my Spanish Spain (Burgos and Donostia), summer 2016
17. Learn to drive standard transmission
18. Give myself a funky nail art manicure (After quitting nailbiting after 20+ years, I’ve got a whole new canvas to play with.)
19. Learn to make another type of dumpling (I’ve got gyoza down pat. Need to broaden my dumpling skills!) Crab rangoon–not very fancy, but OH so deliciou! 20. Start my food blog Got a bigger, better idea in mind…
21. Develop my own recipes for sofrito and recaito, using ingredients I can find in France
22. Make a batch of pasteles (with a nice, soft masa!) DONE. Xmas 2014, what a labor of love.
23. Do a Zentangle exercise
24. Read and discuss an article in French, without the use of a dictionary 25. Try my hand at food photography For my entry in the Passport and Plate competition, June 2016
26. Learn a few basic guitar chords
27. Make something out of clay
28. Go to a festival Local Anjou wine festival, Chalonnes-sur-Loire